by Clare Krabill, MHS COO
Many of you participated in the recent MHS member priorities survey and the annual MHS Members’ Meeting. You named the top 3 priorities you would like MHS to work on to support your ministries: staff recruitment and retention; board governance; and strategic planning.
MHS staff have spent focused time considering these priorities along with your comments from the Members’ Meeting. To address your expressed priorities, this is what MHS is planning for 2021:
- Mennonite Health Assembly Workshops
- Developing Effective Teams
- Why Employee Engagement?
- Transforming Conflict into Healing in Times Like These
- Recruitment, Retention, and Rewards
- Intentional Overtime and the Living Wage
- Building Healthy Staff and Board Relationships
- Learnings from Executive Transitions
- Understanding Indicators that May Signal Financial or Operational Distress
- Mission Benefits for Working Toward Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Roadmap to the Middle Market
- Balancing Operations and Strategy
- Disruption as Opportunity: Engaging Stakeholders in Challenging Times
- Simple Strategies for Improving Organizational Performance
- Plan for Success: Ask Consumers What They Want
- *Strategic Planning in the Midst of a Pandemic. Aired January 14th.
- *A Time to Rest and Nourish the Soul. Aired January 28th.
- Recruiting During a Labor Shortage. February 25th.
- Employee Retention. April 22nd.
- Board Governance Part 2. June 24th.
- Resources to educate, develop and encourage your employees
- *CEO toolkit
- Monthly on Leading video blog exploring leading with authenticity
- Monthly The Brief newsletter– your source for professional development opportunities
- Monthly e-Connections newsletter
- Executive Circle – one-year program focused on encouraging and mentoring CEO’s. Registration is full
- Equipping for Succession – A CEO’s guide to preparing for retirement. Coming Fall 2021
- Network groups: 12 different groups to connect you to your peers and share best practices.
- CEO Assessments, Board Assessments, and Employee Engagement Surveys continue to be available. Contact Twila Albrecht at Twila@mhsonline.org for more information or to schedule your assessment.
- MHS Jobs postings. Contact Chris Rahe at Chris@mhsonline.org for more information.
- A-lead I: Anabaptist leadership and development for new, newer, and upcoming managers. Beta group online 11-month leadership institute beginning April 2021.
- Medical Expense Plan. Wholistic health insurance serves as an excellent recruitment and retention tool.
- *Governance Resources – – available on MHS website
- Board Chair toolkit
- CEO Succession Planning toolkit
- Board Member Recruitment best practices
- And more….
- Multi-session online Board Chair & CEO Governance Seminar in development
We at MHS, hope you will take advantage of these offerings. We will continue to make more opportunities available to you throughout the year. It is our vision to inspire and strengthen your ministries to fulfill your missions. We value your feedback. Have an idea, question or more feedback? Call or email us or go to the MHS contact page at http://www.mhsonline.org/contact-us.
*Soon to be exclusively available through an MHS members only portal. More information to come at Mennonite Health Assembly.